Digital Oxford is an independent organisation that sets out to make Oxford and Oxfordshire a global destination for digital business.
The digital industry in Oxfordshire is already worth an estimated £500m or more, which comes from the 40% of the 3,000+ businesses in the county who are are digital. (Source: Oxford Inspires)
Oxford and Oxfordshire have the start-ups, the success stories, the skills base, the world-class universities and research institutions, and the passion to make it one of the best places to grow a digital business in the UK.
This is already happening, with local companies that at the top of their game nationally and internationally, such as:
- Vicon, based in Botley, who have been at the cutting edge of motion capture technology - both hardware and software - since the 1980s.
- The award winning Oxford Space Systems based on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus
- Nominet who manage the .uk and .wales domains from the Oxford Science Park
- Sophos, web security company, whose global HQ is in Abingdon.
- Leading games and technology company NaturalMotion founded in Oxford and with offices in the city centre.
- The UK's largest independent vacation rental website Holiday Lettings who are also based on the Oxford Science Park and were brought by Trip Advisor last year.
- Williams F1, who are based near Wantage.
You can read more about Digital Oxford here.