What's happening in Oxford?
These pages details some of the things we've initiated recently to address our societal challenges and encourage local innovation by:
- Experimenting with new concepts, processes, tools, and models
- Engaging citizens in the innovation process
- Expanding the city as a role model for others
- Empowering the local ecosystem through innovation
A people-centred approach
As the Shared City, we strive to seek input and proposals from the broader community on how to develop and scale up activity related to our innovation themes, including:
- supporting our innovators by growing our rich mosaic of innovation spaces and networks;
- extending access to social enterprise, social innovation and the local community;
- inspiring and attracting a new generation of science and technology talent and businesses;
- mainstreaming ultra-low carbon technology;
- pioneering smart city and healthcare solutions by embedding innovations in the ecosystem.
As we continue to expand and evolve our Innovation Strategy to engage and energise even more people, we're opening our institutions to everyone who wants to learn, alongside us, to create connected and accessible cities of innovation right across Europe.
We are the Shared City, where anyone can bring an idea to life.