On some parts of this Website, users may be asked to provide some limited personal information in order to enable the provision of certain services e.g. newsletter subscription, enquiries, etc. We may store this information manually or electronically. By supplying this information the user is consenting to the holding and using of it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept only for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose. Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations. Personal information collected and/or processed by the University is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
By using this Website, the user will consent to the processing of his or her data by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Links to other websites
Although this Website provides links to other websites, this policy only applies to the webpages hosted under this Website.
Notice and take down policy
If a user is concerned that he or she may have found material on this Website of which the user is the rights owner and has not given permission, the user should contact the webmaster in writing with full details of the case stating the following:
- the user's contact details;
- an explanation of why the material should not be on this Website;
- the website address (URL) where the user found the material; and
- a statement that the user is the rights owner or is authorised to act for the rights owner.
The process for handling requests to remove materials from the Website is as follows:
- We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Should we fail to establish the right or permission to display the material within one working day, the material will be removed from the Website.
- We may retain the user's statement for record management purposes.